Sunday, June 1, 2014

I also would like to say thanks to all those that have contribute to the education of others on my blog ...

47,319 pageviews and 212 post latter… What does all this mean; well its been one year now since KKU (Koi Keepers Unleashed) in the UK closed its doors to its forum. After the forum was no more, I decided to start a blog and what better place to start a blog on than… Google, plus it was free and you can’t go wrong with free.

Now I know some of you are laughing at the small numbers of pageviews and I really don’t have that many followers to speak of, but this blog was not about how popular I became with imaginary likes or dislikes from readers to support my superego or id. It was about getting the word out about a filtration system that I thought would help the pond hobbyist(s) in saving the lives of their valuable aquatic pets. I say aquatic pets because not all hobbyists that use the AFS have just Koi or Goldfish as pets but some have turtles and frogs too.

I also found out that a lot of people that use an AFS are more “earth concuss” and enjoy the fruits-of-their-labors making things by hand. The AFS is not something you can just buy out of a box and plug in. It requires for the hobbyists to hand build the filter to their requirements and their imagination is the only thing holding them back from a simple easy to build filtration system to a very elaborate one that will rival the best filtration systems out there. In other words, pride of ownership that you did it and not someone else did it for you. That’s what makes this hobby so much fun, the enjoyment of satisfying ones own gratification of accomplishments.

The most looked at website to get information on the AFS has been Manky Sanke website in the UK.


                              



A special thanks to Dr. Franco of Italy for his experiments on the AFS, may he find happiness wherever he is, RIP.


I also would like to say thanks to all those that have contribute to the education of others on my blog that their dedication of photos, pond videos and filtration builds help get the message across to others better than I can alone. Shelly, Brian, Manky and Vogas’ to name a few; living in different parts of the world have done so much to help someone they don’t even know like myself. A big thanks for your contributions to this hobby in educating others so they may follow in your footsteps. It’s extremely hard to get the word out when there is so much opposition out there that for vindictive reasons alone some would like to see the AFS just go away! Too all my dedicated readers thanks for this first year of letting me bore you with my esoteric writings. It’s also great that Google allows people like me to blog for free and we must remember to keep the Internet that way forever.

Happy ponding,

Kevin










No comments: