Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wow. This thread is Still Going strong!!! No doubt this system works. But it doesn't make money so guess it will always get slated.


"Quote: From Koiphen by: Dave

Wow. This thread is Still Going strong!!! No doubt this system works.
But it doesn't make money so guess it will always get slated.
Ok, let me all fill you in on my situation.(Ed: He's talking about the Anoxic Filter) 

I had to move house in June last year. Since then ALL my fish have been in a 3m (9.5ft) Show Pond. =/- 6000 liters. 1580 U.S. gal.

Two BD's to a 220L, 58 gal, Drum as a settlement chamber. There are brushes in it. This overflows to the bottom of another Drum (220l/58gal). This is filled plastic shavings and plastic bottle tops in onion bags. 50/50.

I have two pumps pulling from the top of the Drum. One goes through my UV and back to the pond, flow rate is around 4000l per hour. The other pump feeds to my Anoxic Filter, at about 3700L per hour. I flush the two drums and my BD's once a week. Feeding is not as heavy as I would like, but I have had no choice but to feed once a day.

That’s it. That’s all I have. AND, in a summer season where everyone has had serious health problems I have had none. I even removed a shimmie (Ed: black spot) from my one Kohaku in Aug and placed it back into the pond, this fish then on to win Supreme Champ size 3 at our baby show in September.

Ok,
But here’s the deal this is my stocking density. Not for the faint hearted.
Approx sizes, probably a little larger.
Chag 70cm (27")
Kohaku 50cm (19")
Kohaku 50cm (19")
Sanke 60cm (23")
Showa 50cm (19")
Kumonryo 45cm (17")
Purachina 75cm (29")
Chagoi 40cm (15")
Shiro Utsuri 60cm (23")
Magoi 40cm (15")
4 x daughters fish 30cm each (12")
Assorted Survivors of Chags spawn in 2009. 6 or 7 - at btwn 15cm and 20cm
each (6")
Shubunkins x 6 15cm - 20cm (6" - 7")

Assorted odds and ends a handful of anything from 8cm to 20cm. Now given the above, I have full faith in this filtration system.

Dave.

If it doesn't kill you it can only make you a better person
"There is nothing wrong with making mistakes. Just don't respond with encores"
_____________________________________________
I asked Jesus how much do you love me? Jesus replied this much and he
stretched his arms on the cross and died...
_____________________________________________


This pond added some Biocenosis Baskets and redox went up 30mV higher.
    What exactly is redox and how does it pertain to pond owners? Why is it so important?

No comments: