Monday, July 8, 2013

Brian Woodcock’s Anoxic Filtration Build-Adding The Final Touches With Some Plants. Part-4


Brian Woodcock’s Anoxic Filtration Build-Adding The Final Touches With Some Plants. Part-4

The last time we left Brian he had just finished his Anoxic Filter and all Biocenosis Baskets were in place. He, like many others that have built an Anoxic Filtration System has decided that some plants will add a nice natural look to his filter.  It doesn’t matter if you’re into plants or not, but for me the filter just look right with some plants. It adds to the garden something different than just “another Koi pond” and everyone likes water lilies flowers!

All we have to do now is wait. 
Maybe you think Brian is wrong in adding plants to his Anoxic Filter but there are a lot of hobbyist and professional Koi breeders that feel plants are a natural way of cleaning water and if used correctly they will do more good than harm. Then the more jaded Koi hobbyists think that plants have no place in a Koi pond.




QUOTE: from Greg Bickal




Yep, I’m the Greg Sorry I missed this thread.

My pond is not a typical koi pond, as I do use veggie filtration to aide in the nitrate removal. I like plants, and want plants. Can I be using my plants more efficiently, that is what interested me about the Anoxic Filtration System. Is there a right way and a wrong way to use plants, and have I slipped into using them the wrong way, causing me bacteria problems. I'll trust you Doctors/Experts to steer me in the right direction

What percentage of the people who have ponds with koi are people who also have plants in the pond? So let’s make sure if they have plants, they do it in the best possible way correct....




Bickal Koi Farm


Toddville, Iowa


Greg Bickal owner

Anoxic Filtration Book... Still free on Apple's iBook store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ano...04698627?mt=11

No comments: